Tuesday, May 09, 2006

LIFE right After the MBA

School has come to an end, and its back to corporate servitude. I am headed to British Telecom in London. It was most definitely a roller coaster ride, and I have some very fond memories of ISB. It has been a wonderful year, and I wish I could go through it again. I also got my dream job, which makes this whole experience totally worth while.

I was just thinking yesterday what are the things I would like to highlight about my ISB experience, apart from some of the personal things I would rather not talk about. Maybe some time later :)

I came to ISB with a mission to undo what I had done in my undergraduate years at Penn state, that is get a better GPA, not fall for any girls on the way, and various other details which I chose to completely ignore come the first week of classes. Well GPA was very average, the not falling for girls part did not happen. SO need less to say I did not do what I came here to do. But I did have a lot of fun. Lived the drunk life once again, was a loud abnoxious asshole once again for a few terms. Made friends with some very pompous people, didnt like who I had become, then came time for the surgical amputation of everything that I felt did not fit my bill, be it friends or the character that I had become.

I made some great friendships at ISB, people I will hold dear for a long time to come I think this is one great thing about going to school again; THe friendships.

Terms went by and placement season started, when I realised all the mistakes I had made in terms of my GPA and a realisation that I cant do anything about it now, so I had to prepare extremely well for my interviews. THe interview preparation I think was just superb leading to the job at BT.

So apart from the drunken days, the great friends, the amazing year, the cherished memories, the changed life, and an amazing end to a wonderful year, I believe this 15 lakhs is well spent.......

So long., will write, but not as often
Ashok

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home