Friday, December 30, 2005

odd day

Odd day today, not that I have been having normal days lately but anyway pretty odd none the less. It finally hit me that Bangalore was target to a terrorist attack, and that to at IISC, one of the places that I used to hang out at.  Our family has been quite attached to IISC since my great uncle was a professor there in the 1930s so this really hit a chord.  I mean, to think this is a place of learning and these fucks want to hit this place. Where is the compassion, if there is such a thing? Well and the part which bugs me is that we as we could care less about something like this.  Almost seems “normal”, has the world just lost it?

Anyway then today we all get a mail from one of our profs and he just lost him mom, poor guy seems like no on at the institute helped him out at the time of his greatest need.  He wasn’t even able to reach the hospital on time.  Well anyway point being that I think this world is getting overly desensitized.  Also I think we are all losing it, stuck in our own worlds.  We are more concerned about the lakh or 2 more that we would make coming out of here than having a humanitarian approach to life.  

Well after all this one of my close buddies is leaving for the US on an exchange program, and it just hit me I will be out of here in 3 months.  Wonder what the world has in store for me, wonder what!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home