Sunday, August 14, 2005

GRIPE

Well well its one of those days agian.... a day when i feel like griping, somehow these sessions are usually the most fun to read after a week or so. So here goes

First things first, on Friday we had our stupid exams. It was a fun filled day over all, with one of the exams being the same one that was given to last years batch. Now it was de ja vu all over aqgain, with students pretty much finishing the exam in about 15 mins. The funny thing is even in this type of gross honor code violation by the professor, the students still copied from each other. Talk about mediocrity...... it is really hillarious to see people blatantly discussing the exam right in front of the proctors. Now what I fail to understand is this: we have spent 15 laks for an MBA education, we are supposed to be adults with "work experience" and we still dont fail to indulge in gross honor code violations? Why is it that we Indians dont have any sense of honor or decorom or whatever else you wanna talk about. I somehow cannot ever get myself to cheat, maybe because I find it extremely demeaning to accept that i cannot get my grades on my own, I also find it rather apalling that what was told to us on the first day by out deputy dean Mr Ajit Rangnekar, "I will throw the book at anyone who indulges in dishonorable activities" is only lip service. There has been no book, neither has there been any talk about corrective actions for what seems to be one of the most important lessons that any school should be teaching. Learning environment???? I think its all crap, this is merely a business and they are only looking to run it as one. And its rather sad that the only time we hear "learning is more important" is when we take the schools case with the authorities, and I call that passing the buck.

So now coming to my gripes, so we have some crap on Leadership due tomorrow. 2500 words of shit, leadership???? come on.... how can anyone teach that. I just read some crap in HBR which I think was just a decentry of words and a constupation of ideas. I believe all these god damn articles and journals are just that. A bunch of plagarized shit from epics such as mahabharatha or bible or whatever else. No originality of thought or ideas, and I am supposed to take this "level 5 leadership" thing seriously?? and even go as far as writing a 2500 word essay, talk about punishment. Anyhow I guess I am gonna stop at this, maye I will fill in more after dinner......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home