Wednesday, June 01, 2005

2 standard deviations away from my life

"I was locked up in my rubber room, stats crawled up my ears and ate my brains out"

And that's pretty much what Statistics does to someone. I feel this sudden urge to regurgitate the little stats I know and flush it down the toilet. I really don't want to know anymore..... Who the heck cares if males get paid higher on an average than females? Who gives a shit? God damn it. Standard deviations and multiple regressions are truly "constupationary" terms (yeah so sue me I invented a new word). In other words I really am fed up, I want it to all come out............ Cant wait for the finals.

So where is my life? Looking at the title of this particular post I am sure that's something that I would need to explain, in case I forget it at some point in my life.

So my life: the ideal one

On a beach in some Caribbean island, where I can soak up the sun and get "tanned", well I guess I was born tanned, but wouldn't mind getting baked a little more. Maybe scuba dive into the reef and swim with Spotted Eagle Rays and parrot fish. From the looks of it right now I feel I am about 2 standard deviations away from that dream.

My present outlook:

I will probably be stuck in some board room talking about the probability of the sun shining up some executive's ass. Or maybe I will be talking about how we need to come up with some creative accounting to fucking hide the shit under the carpet. Or maybe I will be marketing shoes to dogs and come up with a billion dollar marketing budget, where the incremental break even would definitely be so minute compared to the market at large........ Well could this be my life? Is this what I am gonna end up doing...... I hope not.... Well I really do hope no employer of mine ever reads this blog, or I am toast.

Two standard deviations eh? Well that still gives me a 5% chance.... Well good enough I hope.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Leave a comment guys.... i am tired of reading about myself!!!!

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you still have some spare time to post logs. If MBA at ISB cant keep you busy enough, I wonder what else could. Try considering 2 parallel jobs after u graduate. These 2 jobs will then eliminate those 2 standard deviations.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

dude 2 jobs???? holy shit... remember my idea of a good time is to sit in a carribean ispand, preferably Curacao :)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Totally unprepared???? hmmm interesting idea, maybe I was. Actually its this back to school thing which is not gelling to well. I just thought I could adjust to the rigors of school again.

well maybe in the next post I will write about what I was expecting, when I have some time to reflect on my expectations and reality.

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home